Saturday, June 7, 2014

Introduction To Kristyn's Computer Blog

      My name is Kristyn and I am from Fayetteville, North Carolina. This blog is created to give you insight on how I feel about technology and my current computer class, CIS 110. I personally have mixed feelings when it comes to technology. I feel like their are good aspects and their are definitely bad ones. Technology has helped decrease the amount of paper being used, which in turn helps the environment. Technology also created easier ways to pay bills, shop for different things, schedule appointments, get in contact with friends and family, and etc when it comes to doing things online. However, technology has been bad towards people being that it is now way easier to hack into someone's account and hack into someone's life in general. Someone being able to get your bank account information, house alarm code, and information for when you are going on vacation and different things.
       Do I feel technology is running our lives? Absolutely. Technology is the foundation of people these days. Everyone has to have their cell phone, has to look on Facebook, has to check their phone constantly for mixed text messages or calls. I feel people use Facebook as their way of life. They can have 1,000 friends on Facebook because that is so important, yet wouldn't speak to hardly any of them in real life. Relationships are based on Facebook statuses and communication is solely based on a Facebook instant message or a text message. People do not know how to interact as well and have true relationships because of the way technology is.
       I feel technology is taking us towards some great things and some terrible things in the future. I feel like technology will lead us to being able to make our taxes even easier to do, our online shopping and information easier to avoid getting scammed and hacked, and easier for many different ordinary things you wouldn't expect to be able to do online. However, in the same aspect, I do feel like technology will make it harder to meet people, harder for people who may be socially awkward to actually have a reason to get out in the world and meet someone, and possibly do the opposite and make it easier for scammers to scam someone.
       I hope my first blog was worth the time to read and you enjoyed my thoughts and views on technology so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment